WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Online registration is mandatory and limited to a maximum of 2 hours per day. Always do this in advance to avoid that there are no more places available. Click here to book online!
- Normal opening hours apply again (see below)
- Toilets of "Den Dronk" are open, these are only accessible to our athletes.
- The social distancing must also be observed in our case: All athletes keep at least 1.5 meters distance
- All sports equipment is thoroughly disinfected after use. Do you have your own sports equipment? Then feel free to bring them!
- No experience is required, even beginners can take their first steps on the water with us.
The Cable Park? What's that?
The Donkvijver in Oudenaarde is the perfect spot for some water sports. For years, The Outsider in the Flemish Ardennes has been organising various activities and sports here, both in and out of the water. Now, beginning on 1 April 2017, it will also open the first permanent cable park in East Flanders. A water ski cable track creates the option to kneeboard, water ski or wakeboard. In doing so, the water skier has a 'dry' start from the starting platform, which lies at right angles to the circuit cable. When you fall into the water you can just swim to the bank and walk back again. All ready for another go. Two cable tracks are to be set up in Oudenaarde. A 2.0 cable track for beginners and a 5.0 cable track for those with more experience. This means that everyone can come and have a go, and that everyone can water ski or wakeboard at their own particular level.
Who is it for?
Everyone is welcome at the Outsider cable park. You can come and have a go regardless of your experience. Read on to find out more about 'beginners, intermediates and advanced'. We also offer activities for the less mobile. Thanks to some successful crowdfunding late last year we are now able to equip our cable park to suit those with a disability. We plan to offer a sit ski for the more sporty and fun tubes as well. Fun tubes are small inflatable chairs, which are dragged across the water. The aim is also to develop the starting platform in such a way that people can depart easily on a sit ski. Support is offered with all water activities and our staff are ready and waiting to give you a warm welcome.